Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Class Motto

I usually have my students recite a poem after the pledge to help with memorization and learing about poetry. This year I am thinking of having them read our class motto out loud after the pledge. I hope this will remind them what we are all about. I really hope they realize that we are a family. I spend more time with my students than my "real" family. I look at them like they are a part of my extended family. I teach multiple grades, so I have students for 3-4 years. You really get to know them. It is really hard when it is their time to graduate in the 8th grade. I will have my first student who I had as a 3rd grader graduate this year. I have seen so much growth from her that I am amazed. It just reaffirms why I teach everyday, and some days I need it !

0 comments:

Post a Comment